BE, WCE, and WPE Dress Code
DRESS AND GROOMING
The District's dress code is established to teach grooming and hygiene, instills discipline, prevent disruption, and minimize safety hazards. Students shall be dressed and groomed in a manner that is clean and neat and that will not be a health or safety hazard to themselves or others. The school principal is authorized to determine the appropriateness and suitability of Student dress and grooming.
The District prohibits any clothing or grooming that in the principal's judgment may reasonably be expected to cause disruption of or interference with normal school operations. The District prohibits pictures, emblems or writings on clothing that (1) are lewd, offensive vulgar or obscene and (2) advertise or depict tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, drugs or any other substance prohibited under Board Policy FNCF.
A student whose clothing violates the dress code may be assigned to in-school suspension either for the remainder of the day or until a parent or designee brings an acceptable change of clothing to the school. Repeated dress code offenses may result in more serious disciplinary action.
The principal, in cooperation with the sponsor, coach or other person in charge of an extracurricular activity, may regulate the dress and grooming of Students who participate in the activity. [Policy FNCA]
• For safety concerns and required physical activity students must wear protective footwear while at school. Protective footwear includes tennis shoes, "loafer" style shoes and any other footwear that completely encases the Student's foot. Flip-flops, "slides", "mules", sandals and other footwear with exposed fronts, backs and/or sides are not acceptable. Heel sizes should be low to prevent possible injuries during physical activities and other normal daily activities. Shoestrings must be properly tied.
• Caps, hats and sunglasses may not be worn at school except during special events designated by the campus principal.
• Students in grades Pre-Kindergarten – 6th grade may wear shorts to school. Shorts, skirts, skorts, and dresses must be a reasonable length (must extend below the fingertips when arms are held naturally by the side). Jeans with holes must have leggings underneath. Bicycle shorts, cut-offs, or short-shorts are not permitted. Undergarments should not be visible while performing school related activities.
• All shirts or tops must cover the midriff even when arms are extended fully overhead. Tank tops, halter-tops, see-through mesh style shirts are not permitted. Shirts should not have spaghetti straps or narrow shoulder bands. Undergarments and cleavage should not be visible.
• Boys shall not wear earrings or spacers. For safety reasons, girls should not wear extended length earrings.
• Hair should be clean, well groomed and styled in a way that is not distracting. Mohawks, spiked, hair carvings or other hairstyles including colored or dyed hair (outside of the range of natural hair colors) shall not be permitted for either boys or girls.